Location: Holland, Michigan
Renovation of a 1950’s era Colonial chapel on a Midwestern seminary campus to facilitate a variety of
activities in a variety of seating configurations, from daily chapel services conducted by seminary students
to weddings, funerals, organ and chamber recitals and lectures.
Create a legacy project that radically updates the worship environment and facilitates program innovation
while respecting its heritage
Insertion of a refined and technically complex enclosure that reinterprets the preserved traditional fabric
of the building, reorganizes the space for various activities, discretely integrates advanced presentation
technology and expands the symbolic and liturgical language of the worship environment.
Currently under construction – estimated completion November 2011