AIA Grand Rapids Chapter
The executive director serves as the strategic and hands-on leader for AIA Grand Rapids and ensures the chapter’s role as a constituent-friendly source of education, information, community involvement, business support and development, and as an advocate of the profession locally, state-wide, and nationally. This is a part-time position for approximately 15-20 hours/week that reports to the chapter’s board of directors.
- Prepare board meeting agenda, attend meetings, and record meeting minutes.
- Serve as liaison to AIA Michigan, AIA National, and our membership.
- Serve as the recorded address and telephone contact for the chapter.
- Assist in planning of chapter events including honor awards, golf outing, and lectures.
- Maintain chapter calendar of events, website, and newsletter.
- Assist the treasurer with chapter bookkeeping.
- Assist the secretary with all reporting duties related to AIA Michigan and AIA National.
- Assist in fundraising and contact sponsors to request support.
- May be asked to present/teach one hour (pre-packaged) HSW seminars to maintain AIA accreditation.
- Work on re-accreditation project every four years.
- May be asked to represent the chapter by attending AIA Grassroots, AIA National Case meeting, AIA Michigan annual meeting, and other conferences as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant office experience.
- High school diploma required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Trustworthy and have an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be outgoing, energetic, and confident.
- Passion for architecture preferred.
Please send resumes to:
Matt Slagle, AIAGR President
4 Fulton Street E #200
Grand Rapids, MI 49503