Matt Slagle (TowerPinkster)
As a Principal and Director of K12 Education, Matt sits on the Board of Directors at TowerPinkster. He started his career immediately after high school as an architecture draftsman, but along the way Matt received a Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Architecture degree from the University of Colorado. He is a LEED Accredited Professional and registered architect in both Michigan and Colorado. Matt’s passion for design flourished during his years in Colorado and convinced him that educational planning was where he would concentrate his talents. His return to West Michigan allowed him to flourish as a designer, and find his roots as a firm leader. Matt was awarded AIA Grand Rapids and AIA National Young Architect Awards, along with being named to Grand Rapids Business Journal’s “40 Under Forty” and Leadership Grand Rapids Class of 2017.
Matt organizes Habitat for Humanity work days for his colleagues and is a volunteer ski instructor for children with disabilities. He is a board member serving Grand Rapids Public Schools Academy of Design and Construction and Cannonsburg Challenged Ski Association. He enjoys skiing, golf, fishing, home remodeling and spending time at the beach with his family.
Neale Bauman (The Design Forum)
Neale is the current AIA Grand Rapids treasurer.
CONTINUING EDUCATION DIRECTOR:
Gary Gerber (Gerber Architectural)
Gary is the current AIA Grand Rapids continuing education director.
Dan Colella (Bazzani Building Company)
As a hands-on leader of architectural and engineering services for a variety of product offerings, Dan Colella possesses a unique combination of operational experience in sales, market research, real estate, design, construction, finance, and facility management. A committed registered architect who consistently meets and exceeds objectives, his success can be attributed to maximizing processes, recognizing talent, and pursuing profitable opportunities. Dan was named partner at Bazzani Building Company in April 2017.
- Led a small architectural and engineering department with $5M annual revenue for a retail and senior living Owner Operator in Wyoming, MI
- Led internal and external resources with a $15M annual budget in the regional rollout of 6 senior living facilities including market ID, site selection, contract negotiation, due diligence, entitlement, site design, construction administration, and the Owner’s internal/external activities for multiple locations throughout the Midwest for a Grand Rapids, MI based Owner Operator.
- Led internal and external resources in the sales and leasing of existing commercial real estate assets throughout West Michigan for a Grand Rapids, MI based Owner Operator.
- Led internal and external team in the national rollout and operational needs of 25 private schools including design, entitlements, pre-construction and construction activities for multiple locations throughout the US for a Grand Rapids, MI based Owner Operator.
- Developed scheduling and safety resource planning for the removal of 5M sf of surplus assets from 20 facilities throughout the US for oil and gas sector Owner Operator in Houston, TX
- Led high level assessment of non-operating buildings and properties assets, developed options and pricing for path to reuse for oil and gas sector Owner Operator in Houston, TX
- Led a small facility & maintenance department with a $8-$10M annual budget for a 50 facility retail Owner Operator in Muskegon, MI
- Led the pre-construction and construction (including workplace furniture and programming) of multiple high performance office buildings for a Grand Rapids, MI based Real Estate Developer.
- Led the internal and external team in the national rollout design and entitlement activity for multiple retail stores throughout the US for Minneapolis, MN based Owner Operator.
- Led a 6 person sales team with an $11M annual budget for an publishing group in New York, NY and Grand Rapids, MI
- Led the design and technical activity for multiple 1Msf office buildings and fortune 100 tenants in Chicago, IL
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL -5 year Bachelors of Architecture
DePaul University, Chicago IL -Masters of Business Administration, (some coursework completed)