Energy Code Demo Day: Single Wythe CMU Meeting the Energy Code with Hands-On Participation
On June 11, you are invited to attend an event sponsored by MIM, MMCA, Omni Block, Consumers Concrete and The Quickcrete Companies. The focus of the event is to educate on how you can design with single wythe masonry, and still meet the energy code. Following the presentations, there will be a “hands on” opportunity for architects, and masons to actually lay some Omni Block insulated concrete block. The cost of the event is ONLY $15!!! Lunch is included, and you will be awarded 4 continuing ed credits.
Date: June 11, 2019
Location: MTEC - Grand Rapids
Time: 10am - 3pm (Lunch Included)
AIA/CES: 4 LU|HSW Available
- 10:00 Single Wythe CMU Meeting the Energy Code (Dan Zechmeister)
- 11:00 Omni-Block (Denny Miller)
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30 Hands-On Presentation
- 12:45 Spreading mortar with trowel techniques
- 1:00 Laying units (regular block, BellaBrik, and Energy block)
* Please make sure to wear jeans and work boots due to the hands-on portion of the class. *
Credits : AIA/CES: 4 LU|HSW; 4 ceu/pdh
Seating is limited!