University Center (FSU) Construction Tour
Wednesday, November 19, at 4:30 PM
Join us for a tour of the exciting $30m student union building at Ferris State University! The University Center was built in 1957, with additions in 1960 and 1987, and was in sore need of updating. Neumann-Smith of Southfield/Detroit have designed a renovation and expansion that will give the campus one central gathering space, surrounded by food, retail, entertainment, and comfortable places to meet, relax, study, and socialize. The building will serve as a recruitment tool for incoming students. The architect and construction project manager will be leading the tour.
We don’t get to tour projects of this size and scope very often, so take the chance to see this impressive project (and check off one more CEU).
Other odds and ends:
- Hard hats: PLEASE BRING A HARD HAT WITH YOU. Christman only has limited available.
- CEUs: The tour provides 1-1/2 HSW learning units.
- Carpooling: We couldn’t time the tour for the Rapid (mass transit), so instead we encourage all to carpool. Please fill in the form when registering if you are interested in carpooling, and we will organize ride sharing (no obligation for now).
- Parking: Park in the lot next to the construction site and look for the group at the main entrance to the construction site (or inside, in case of rain). Parking Map: http://aiagr.org/sites/default/files/FSU%20Campus_Map_Color.pdf
- Cost: Tour is free for all AIA members and non-members, but attendees must register on Eventbrite.