HSW credits pending; high vis. safety glasses and hard hats required!
· 328,500 sf wood framed apartment complex located just north of Michigan Ave and south of College
· 287 units ranging from 1 bedroom to 3 bedrooms
· 324 parking spaces within the precast garage built for tenants
· Project consists of 6 main buildings: 1 parking garage and 5 wood framed apartment buildings
· Demolished 16 houses and the old Goodwill building
· Challenges Include:
- Tight property lines
- Exporting contaminated soils
- Street closures and working with neighbors to limit impact on parking/street closures
- Noncom wood framing in some locations
- 1 and 2 hr ratings and how best to achieve
- High water table
- Right of way coordination/approval
· Hardie cement siding, board and batt, as well as brick and stone veneer
· Concrete balconies
· 1 of the wood-framed buildings is Type IIIB
- Contains a 5 story element
- Exterior wood framing is all noncom
- Continuous thermax foam insulation at the exterior
- 2 hr exterior ratings on 3 exterior walls due to proximity of the neighbors
- NFPA 13 sprinklers including truss interstitial spaces
- Includes 1,400 sf of amenity space
· Balance of the wood-framed buildings are Type VA
- All buildings are 4 story, but 1 of them contains a courtyard level
- NFPA 13 sprinklers including truss interstitial space
- Includes 5,300 sf of amenity space
- Mainly flat roofing but we do have a couple of gabled ends to blend in with the neigborhood
· Parking garage is IB
· Swimming pool located in the center courtyard surrounded by units.
· Contech storm detention system is located underneath the pool and courtyard.
· There is also a stormtech system underneath the fire lane.